Friday, April 16, 2010

A Walk To Remember



Somebody is dying to read my blog, he has been asking me about this the moment I told him. But, I want this to be read when I post it. Sorry yaar, I couldn't tell you this.

Go ahead and read it you'll know.




I was walking down the road as usual from my friend's place. It was a little late in the evening and therefore, there was little action on the road. The streets were almost deserted. So,I started singing one of my favorite number. I could see a 'panipuri' shop getting closed, a couple were walking hand in hand. Yes, I too wanted to walk that, but, I know I couldn't. I hardly know any girls and therefore, it is almost impossible at least for now. I was crossing the road and was taken aback due to a bike. After cursing(of course, in my breath) him I crossed the road.

I knew there would be dogs on the road and I hoped that I can walk past them as usual, but, did have my fear as usual. It was at that time I heard a dog barking and I sensed that the sound was from behind. Before I realized it crashed on me. Well,I thought it was the dog, but, thank God no. It was a girl who was breathing heavily. I don't know what the dog saw in me, but, it was for good, it barked for a while, stopped and then turned back(it made the girl believe in me). My heart which was beating fast calmed down a little. Then, I saw this girl panic stricken. She was wearing a red top and a blue jean. I don't know how I got the courage I held her hand and asked her to calm down. I think she was about to cry, but, she managed to hold back her tears. Her frightened eyes were glowing in the round face, she had a sharp nose and her hair neatly combed and held by a pink rubber band. After a while she looked better. When she got relaxed, she spoke to me. Her voice was feeble which showed that she is yet to become normal. After a struggle, she asked me if I can walk her home to which I accepted. So, we started walking on her direction. All the time, our hands were together. Both of us, didn't realize it. I tried to talk, but, as usual I was thinking, I felt that she was not in a mood to speak. So, I continued to keep mum. I could then see her terror stricken eyes turning to be innocent when for a split second she turned to face me. We arrived at her house. Her mom was sitting in the lawn, may be, waiting for her daughter. At last, the girl's hand took leave off my hand and she sprinted towards her mom. she hugged her very tight and I think her eyes got wet(girls are crazy). It was after a moment she realized that I was still there. she turned to her mom and spoke to her something every fast. Both of them came to me to thank. I walked back to my Pg.

The next morning, I was scolding myself for not even asking her name. When I went past her house, I tried to glance at it, I couldn't see her. I walked a few more steps and then, saw her waiting in her school uniform. She waved her hand with a broad smile in her face and I returned back.

9 comments:

bg said...

pg??? where the hell are you and what are you doing???

Praveen Kumar Munna said...

I am working in TESCO HSC @ Bangalore

Unknown said...

:) nice post.... :P

Praveen Kumar Munna said...

thanxxxxxxxxxx.
At last someone to comment on my blog

Raja Sekaran said...

wow...!! thats too romantic..! You said its school uniform.. but u forgot to say if it is first standard or second?

Praveen Kumar Munna said...

I didn't wanted that to be understood very easily that is why, I didn't mention and I am not sure which std she is in

Unknown said...

fascinating story!

Unknown said...

u seem to have quiet a few encounters with girls...but nothing seems to work out.....

Praveen Kumar Munna said...

@Bhargavi
Yeah, so sad :(